Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I just love my dad.

Sometimes you have to post about something just because. Today, that's my dad. He's the nicest guy I know. I'm not just saying it. If you knew him, he'd be the nicest guy you know too. I recently had some health issues and since there was nothing he could do to help in that department he decided that he was coming to my house the next weekend to do yard work. This was work I could have done on my own, but who says no to yard help? Not me. He and my mom came and we worked and worked and worked. It was great and I am grateful.

But, more than anything I love seeing him with his grand kids because he loves them all so much, and they love him. Can you tell?




One of my favorite things that he does is give them all a shave. Seriously folks, it doesn't get much better than seeing a line of tiny children ready for their morning shave. So funny. First he checks their cheeks to make sure they really need one. He runs the back of his fingers up their cheeks and says "Ow, ow, ow." Oh, segue!!! One time Adam and I were talking about Grandpa and Eli was 2 and listening intently. He touched his cheek and asked "Is that the Grandpa what says "op, op, op?" CUTE! Anyway, they ALWAYS need a shave. Hairy little buggers. And then he turns his electric shaver around and proceeds; the back of the shaver vibrating their chubby little cheeks.







And he always has the happiest of customers. This little man is a regular:

This isn't even close to the nicest things that I could say about my dad. But for today, I just wanted to say something, and that's enough. I feeling like I might need a shave.

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

I couldn't agree more.

Karen J said...

Oh that is sooooo sweet. And making me miss my dad.
Thanks for sharing!