Thursday, February 17, 2011

It's the TRUEST of true love.

You might think this post would be about Adam. Make no mistake, I love him. Very much. But a new love has borrowed my heart. The BBC knows a good thing when they see it/sell it. When half of the women in the U.S. (not an actual statistic) owns and loves the 6 hour Pride and Prejudice, you have to capitalize on that love. And they have.

I have never watched an entire season of anything in my whole life. Even when I watch something consistently, I always miss a couple of episodes for one reason or another. Well, all that's changed. I'm in LOVE with Lark Rise to Candleford. Here are my significant others: I love them. Even that irresponsible scoundrel Twister, and the petty, back-biting Pratt sisters. Of course I love our sweet Laura and capable Dorcas and the queen of all wives, Emmy. I could go on on and on, but don't worry, I'll stop.

Adam's friend at work asked him what we did for Valentines day. He told her that we sat side by side in our fleece jammies in bed, and on the mini-DVD players that we use for long drives, we watched our shows separately. Isn't that romantic? We really go above and beyond. We laughed, we cried, he -for his X-men, me for my Lark Rise. Every once in a while we would look at one another and smile. Ahhhh. Bliss. His co-worker wasn't impressed!?

He's taking me to the Symphony this weekend. Maybe that will satisfy her? I'm sure I'll love it. Though I really hope it gets out early enough that I can come home and watch another episode on my 7" screen.

4 comments:

Sally said...

This totally made me laugh! We had a similar V-Day, although we tried to do something nice and go on the Seattle's Best Chocolate Tour on Saturday. But, really, relaxing Monday night was awesome. Have a great time at the symphony! I'll have to check out that series. Sounds fun!

Charlotte said...

Okay--you are the third person to recommend this. I'm sold.

highdeekay said...

I already have it on my Netflix list. I may have to move it up though.

Adam said...

Well, at least I know where I am in the pecking order. Most guys just think that they are their wives first loves, when in fact Pride and predjudice or some other Jane Austen nonsense is in charge.